Sunday 11 November 2012

The Little Black Leather Jacket

I have wanted a black leather jacket for as long as I can remember! Growing up in a country (read India) where the average temperature is 30 degrees celsius, there wasn't much scope for a black leather jacket in my life.

However, oddly enough, when I moved to England, a black leather jacket was not the first thing on my mind. The first jacket I ever bought was a military jacket that I used to bits; but that's besides the point. The point is that I never got my leather jacket.

Last month however, the jacket called out to me. It was like everywhere I went it followed me. I was suddenly in a sea of men and women who seemed to wear nothing but a black leather jacket. Now, I'm not one to be part of a herd, but this seemed like a cult of cool people and I felt left out. I HAD TO GET A BLACK LEATHER JACKET! As dramatic as that sounds it is true; thats is exactly how I felt! I had no option- and so began my hunt for a nice leather jacket that wouldn't burn a big hole in my wallet.

After looking high and low I decided to settle on this H&M Jacket.





I bought the jacket in one size bigger than my usual so that it to be comfortable and could roll up the sleeves if I wanted to.



The jacket has quilted patches around the shoulder and if you know me at all, you'll know that I melt whenever I see anything black and quilted. Sigh... if only I could have a Chanel 2.55!



The jacket also goes well with most of my clothes, be it work clothes where I layer it with cardigans and shirts under or something more casual like an oversized Boyfriend-Tee over the weekend; the jacket is perfect for everything.

It is also one of the most comfortable jackets I have ever owned. It makes me feel rough and tough even though I'm probably not in reality! I personally think, a leather jacket has a very masculine feel to it making it one of the sexiest pieces of clothing for women.

To keep you warm, feel rough and tough or simply be stylish, whatever your reason may be to own a black leather jacket, you simply cant go wrong with this one!


Jacket: H&M- Link
Top: H&M- Link
Jeans: Topshop Petite - Link
Bag: H& M- Link
Scarf: Pantaloons


Photo credits to my lovely friend Bertino Canada

1 comment: